'71 Series IIa - Sold, please delete

Started by mac, April 02, 2019, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac

Hello folks,

We are debating selling our '71 IIa as it does not see the use in our house that it should. I thought I would post a note here to see if there is any interest or a good home as that would make the decision easier.

We've owned her since late 2016 and it has treated us well since then. It passed an out of province inspection at that time as I purchased it from a fellow out of Whitehorse. Currently in good running condition.

A previous owner had gone through the truck fairly thoroughly, I'm guessing about 10yrs ago although it hasn't seen many miles since. Highlights include:

- replacement galvanized frame
- galvanized bulkhead, rims, and door sections
- parabolic springs and OMU dampers
- oversized front drums (stage 1 V8) and Series 3 MC
- soft top canvas and frame members included (although a number of the members are bent/damaged)
- Superwinch LP8500
- hardtop currently installed w/ tailgate and clamshell hatch

I'm thinking $12k is reasonable but may be open to offers.
If anyone has any comments or interest, please let me know. More than happy to field advice whether good or bad, I'm in Silver Springs (Calgary NW) if you'd like to check it out in person.

Thanks for looking,
Mac

You cannot view this attachment.

bassguy

Hi..do you have more pics of this truck?..thanks../ history all that stuff?, mike

mac

Thanks Mike,

I'll try to get a few more photos posted shortly.

As far as history, here's what I know:
- Oct 2016 is when I picked this truck up from a fellow in Whitehorse, OOP inspection in Nov 2016. Previously registered in the Yukon
- 2006 is when the fellow I purchased the Rover from bought the truck. He imported it from North Carolina where it was titled at that time, although the fellow he purchased it from in NC previously lived in Nova Scotia so I assume it was registered at some point there as well
- Any major work done on this truck would have been done prior to 2006. From the correspondence I have from the PO, it looks like it was this timeframe when the truck would have been torn down and built up with a galvanized frame. Everything was cleaned up at that point, not a lot of focus on the engine but lots of other components were either replaced or refreshed

I've only had to do some routine maintenance including brake shoes, a few wheel bearings, rotor/cap and plugs etc. Really no issues in the period I've owned it to report.

Hope that helps, thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Mac

mac

A few photos - a bit dated but nothing much has changed.
Please send me a note if you'd like any further details of anything specific.

Cheers,
Mac

mac

Now posted on Kijiji, slight rethink on price. Asking $12.5k, please send me a note if you'd like to take a look.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1429253344

Cheers,
Mac

headdamage

All that wonderful zinc... that is a lot of work.

mac

I know, more than a bit bummed to let it go.

Sale pending as of this evening.

Cheers,
Mac