LR4 Swing tire carrier?

Started by sharkbait, February 24, 2019, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkbait

Anyone have local (Albertan or even Canadian) connections for purchasing a swing tire carrier for an LR4?  Or do you just find it online and bite the bullet on exchange, shipping, and such?

Trevor

If its made in the US you'll be paying those charges (exchange, freight, etc) regardless if someone is distributing them here.

There may be some options in the UK, I honestly don't know. But I've found shipping from the UK to be pretty cost prohibitive for anything of size if you want it in short order. The club gets sea can shipments a couple times a year for club members, which can save a lot on your shipping. But those don't happen on any sort of a schedule....they just happen whenever.

That said, I'm not aware of anyone in Canada making LR4 parts, but I'm also not in that market at all so I wouldn't take that as gospel.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

There are lots of designs out there for the LR3 and LR4 carriers.  And as Trevor said.....the states or elsewhere have most of the options.   But depending how handy you are with you tools there are some pretty good ideas out there for building your own.  Like this one:

http://norcalrovers.org/forum/index.php?/topic/1966-finished-the-rear-tire-carrier-for-my-lr3/

As usual the guys in Australia and Africa are right on top of the upgrade market for their landies, but I don't know of anyone building them in Canada, let alone alberta.   With a little steel and a stub axle from princess auto I'm sure there are few crafty folk out there that can knock one up, given a little time and thought. ;)

But to buy....you are going to pay big either bringing it in from across the pond or south of the border.
Cheers, Bill