Diff Gear Ratios

Started by KChromick, December 06, 2018, 11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KChromick

Little bit of an update!
Ive got the Ashcroft and and ARB locker installed with the 4.75:1 Gears, install went ok, had a big issue finding shims.. would highly recommend buying the shim kit from Ashcroft if you plan on doing this. After setting everything up and installing it all ive got no noises and its a smooth ride.. will say though the gear ratio is abit extreme being that im at 115kmh at 3000rpm. The 35s will clean it all up perfectly. Ill be trying out the lockers this weekend offroading. I did try them out on a snow bank and they they did well.

KChromick

KChromick

KChromick

Yellow diff housings for more power ;D and to match the truck

Trevor

Sweet. Congrats on getting everything installed and setup!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

That's a nice looking D1 you have there. Great fun to build up these units and good ones are becoming scarce.
If you have run lockers before then you are probably aware of this but just in case....Be sure to take a buddy with a good winch when you test out those lockers. When I first "tested" mine on the Mighty Range Rover it took two trucks and almost burnt out a 9K winch before I got free!
I learned quickly that they allow you to access, and then get stuck in, even more inaccessible locations than a regular Land Rover lol.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.