Series 1 for sale in Calgary, not mine

Started by Rambler, November 08, 2018, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Having spoken with the owner, this nicely cared for Series one was his father's who recently passed away. The son would like it going to a good home, and to be used and maintained for another 30-40 years  :)

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1957-land-rover-series-1/1396150073
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Rambler

It is, and I believe 88" series one station wagons are quite the rare beast.

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Rambler

SOLD:

binch

Oh that is a tidy little vehicle and it comes from a good year too  8)
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Interesting rear door set up on that unit. All my 57's have/had a tailgate and cat flap lift gate. This one has a single rear door like a Series 2? I wonder if that is a local market thing (like the one piece front doors) or an owner modification??? Either way, it's a really tidy looking unit.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Rambler

Thanks Matt.  Well spotted.  My 57 Series one 88 also has the cat flap and tailgate set up and was one of the c8 suffix land rover's with one piece front doors.  It might well be a p.o. modification.  Although if it is a genuine station wagon (mine was a base unit) as you said it could be a unique feature 😊

SOLD:

Rambler

Looking at a genuine 107 SW the rear door set up looks to be the same.  The only slight difference being the door handle.  Maybe it broke and was replaced with one from a S2/S3.

SOLD:

Red90

Yes.  The rear doors were for station wagons.

Red90

Must be an original Canadian truck as well since it has one piece doors.

Rambler

SOLD: