Range Rover Classic 1981 two door left hand drive

Started by jeffrey, February 17, 2020, 06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffrey

About 20 years ago I bought a 1981 Range Rover classic two door that was originally from Saudi Arabia hence is left hand drive. I totally dismantled it in Toronto where I lived then and then shipped it out to Edmonton where it has been stored at my house.  I have a bag of Saudia Arabia desert sand that I saved when I stripped down the truck. The early Range Rover comes totally apart, so all the body panels, roof front and rear components, so easy to store. It is about 60% restored, though still in bits. About 10 years ago Britcar in the UK bought a couple of containers of genuine used parts from Saudi and put them on their website.  Needless to say they did not last long, but I bought almost everything that I needed, most of which is no longer available for the two door range Rover (apart for engine bits). I mentioned in an earlier note that I am rebuilding the 3.5 liter engine, and for this parts are easy to come by. The shop next to Bert Van Riel who owns the Sports Car Center has redone the inner trim, and Angele who is the owner is doing the two front and rear seat for me before she shuts that particular shop.

What is interesting about my Range Rover is that it was shown in the Car of the Century exhibition at the Canadian National Exhibition in 1998 and I have a photo enclosed of that, so a piece of history. The exhibition which was also shown in other places represented the most influential 100 cars and also had a series 1 on show.  You cannot view this attachment.  You cannot view this attachment.  You cannot view this attachment.

Matt H

Very cool Jeffrey. Very cool indeed.
The proportions of the original Range Rover, especially the two door are just so good looking.

Looking forward to seeing it when it's back on the road.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.