2018 Alexander Mackenzie Trail, West to East

Started by binch, December 13, 2017, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

binch

That last map looks like it's missed Lamberts Place so far.   And the Phillips land is hard to tell....but they have had a burn last year or the years before to the east and southeast of their property so not so much fuel left there.

I wonder if they had any of the precipitation they got a bit south of them.   A big storm when through and kicked the fires down in that area really good.  But the smoke is suppose to be still thick in PG.
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Jennifer said it rained a couple of days ago and the radar shows some rain going through today.

binch

That's good to hear....Hopefully enough to count :D
Cheers, Bill

binch

I've been going through the pics that I've collected from the gang, and there is well over 1500 of them now.   But there are so many good photos from the trip it's difficult to select a good cross section.    I'm at 104pic now and I'm only onto Day two of the trail portion of the trip.   Be patient folks....I'll have them coming soon ;-)   ;)
Cheers, Bill

pechanec

How do we get our pics to you binch? Cause, you know, you seem to need more lol

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

binch

If you can bring them on a memory stick that would be best.......that's how I've been getting everyones so far.    Any I can always use more pics ahhahahhahahahh   ;D
Cheers, Bill

binch

Hey Gang!!!!

With a little help from Red90 I now have most of the photos from our trip up on the club's flicker site:   

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alre_club/sets/72157696878170222/

There are some 380 pics in there at low resolution.   If there is something there you'd like to have in a higher resolution I have those copies too so just send me a PM.    I still have to get a few pics from a couple of people...but I'll add them when I get them.    But for now.....how about a taste of what we experienced  ;D

001.Cam_3__BrkfstMeeta by ALRE Club, on Flickr Meeting for breakfast and splitting the gear.

019.Jef_336_TrevorSnugBrgsAtCtWilmsLk by ALRE Club, on Flickr Making it work -  Williams Lake.

021.Cam_54_Merc1017OvrLndWlmsLkCT by ALRE Club, on Flickr Go big or go home!

029.Cam_72_LastFuelAnahimLk by ALRE Club, on FlickrLast fuel stop in Anahim Lake, BC

Cheers, Bill

binch

Smoke filled sky with the fires that are starting to develop not too far south.
035.Cam_96_EscottBayResort by ALRE Club, on Flickr

A Trailhead photo of the gang while they are all still clean  ;D
040.Cam_109_TrailHdToEigukLkGroupShot by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Size 9 shoe vs front and back paw print of Bear.   Who has right of way...?
051.Jef_361_BearPawSize by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Our hosts (Aron and Jennifer) at the Eliguk Lake Fishing Camp.  GREAT People!!!
063.Mark_09.51.30_HostsAronNJennifer by ALRE Club, on Flickr

And their Camp...
062.Jef_380_EligukLodge by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Cheers, Bill

binch

The forest fire at 2ha in size when we went through.  Two weeks later it was  at 13000+ha in size.
109.Mark_15.01.02_FireC11594LambertstoPhillips by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Fires from recent couple of years.
125.Cam_353_FireRegenEofPanPhillipsLodge by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Rest day at Tsacha Lake camp
145.Cam_396_TsachaLk2NtCampVisitatPechanics by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Trevor's a happy camper...he's had his fix for the day.
188.Mark_14.07.00_TrevorsCatch by ALRE Club, on Flickr
Cheers, Bill

binch

Not all fun and games...there was lots of work required to clear the trail in spots.
214.Cam_609_EofKluskusVillageTrailClearing by ALRE Club, on Flickr

But the adventure is amazing.220.Cam_620_YearOldBurnWofBrdgCrsg by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Lots of water crossings but the water levels were down this year.
225.Cam_629_OldBrdgXingOrvilleBill by ALRE Club, on Flickr

We couldn't see this creek in 2015 when we camped here...and there were two buildings too.  235.Jef_702_BogCampEofOldBridge by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Too deep to cross here
257.Jef_747_BogCampToPanMeadowsFailedXing by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Cheers, Bill

binch

This is the way across....

275.Cam_705_HandymanMeadowsCrkXing by ALRE Club, on Flickr

From previous camps......about 100' down this hill.   I've driven past this twice before and with all the foliage I never knew it was there?!?!
278.Cam_722_LoggingCampGarbage by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Modern day chuck wagon
284.Jef_770_BogCampToPanMeadows by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Look close....there are two vehicles in that clear cut.
286.Cam_739_CrossingCCwestOfPanMeadowXing by ALRE Club, on Flickr

Walk it before you drive it!!!
295.Jef_777_BogCampToPanMeadows by ALRE Club, on Flickr
Cheers, Bill

binch

The bears were there.....but we really didn't see any.
308.Cam_811b_KluskoilLkCampBlackBear by ALRE Club, on Flickr

This was the route....more or less.
AMT_Detail1of7 by ALRE Club, on Flickr

This was a wonderful trip!!!  We had great weather and conditions by this time of the year were getting very dry, with the water table dropping.    The gang worked very well together.   Our start at the Eliguk lake fishing camp was absolutely wonderful.   But our next day on the trail came down to a choice of considering bailing from the trip due to the developing fire situation..... OR  Push hard and cover two days worth of trail in one day, to get ahead of the developing fires.   Well we pushed on ahead to Tsacha lake and took a day off there.   The skys were constantly reminding us that the fires were nearby as smoke drift by us.

This was great trip and everyone got a great adventure out of it.    But the "wind of celebration was taken from our sails" when one our team passed away suddenly the week after we returned.    Orville was great to travel with...He loved to cook and was always volunteering for the job few stepped up to do without asking.   He always had a smile on his face and he had a really good knack for getting his Disco 11 through some of the tricky spots.   It was sad to hear of his passing....but it was a  real pleasure to have met him and done this trip with him!!!     Cheers to you Orville!!!!

SmilinOrville by ALRE Club, on Flickr
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Trevor

Do you happen to have a link handy Lloyd?

Edit: nevermind, found it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koniK2aA-50
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!