Wanted: 2 Defender standard lug nuts, stock Defender bumper, Defender Grill

Started by DBrands, January 04, 2019, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBrands

As mentioned, on the hunt for the following:

1. (2) standard Defender steel wheel lug nuts, I've misplaced a couple apparently...
2. A stock Defender front bumper, preferably in good enough shape to galvanize
3. Front grill for a Defender as mine was cut to fit a winch
4. Would consider some Defender doors to run while I repair mine... any style as long as they're relatively cheap?

Thanks
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

pechanec

Lug nuts for steel or Ally rims??

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Aaron

I'm sure I've got an extra Ex-MOD grill. It's been painted a few times and probably more effort to make it look representable than a good one would cost, but let me know if you're interested/don't find anything else.

camo388

I should have an extra EX-MOD grill too and a bumper as well.  Grill will be in a shed but I'll have to dig in a snow bank for the bumper.  No lug nuts for sure.  I live near Drayton Valley so could bring it all when I come in for Feb meeting.  PM your email address if you want pictures.

Bruce

DBrands

Quote from: pechanec on January 04, 2019, 07:07 PM
Lug nuts for steel or Ally rims??

Sorry, lug nuts for steel rims.
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

binch

I spoke with Lovejugs on the lug nuts and he should have some.....

If the grill is covered with millions of layers of military paint....they are pretty easy to clean up.   The paint breaks up pretty easily and can peel off.  The rest you can use a stripper.    Craylon makes a spray paint (available at Home Depot) for painting plastic lawn furniture and it works amazingly well on wing flairs, plastic grills and headlite surrounds  ;D
Cheers, Bill

pechanec

Nope, no Steelie nuts in stock

DBrands

Quote from: camo388 on January 05, 2019, 03:45 PM
I should have an extra EX-MOD grill too and a bumper as well.  Grill will be in a shed but I'll have to dig in a snow bank for the bumper.  No lug nuts for sure.  I live near Drayton Valley so could bring it all when I come in for Feb meeting.  PM your email address if you want pictures.

Bruce

Sent you a message Bruce.
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

DBrands

Quote from: binch on January 05, 2019, 05:05 PM
I spoke with Lovejugs on the lug nuts and he should have some.....

If the grill is covered with millions of layers of military paint....they are pretty easy to clean up.   The paint breaks up pretty easily and can peel off.  The rest you can use a stripper.    Craylon makes a spray paint (available at Home Depot) for painting plastic lawn furniture and it works amazingly well on wing flairs, plastic grills and headlite surrounds  ;D

Thanks for the insight Bill!

Maybe I can pick those nuts up at the next get together. I guess I can remind Dave closer to the date.

David
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI