gauging interest - Alexander Mackenzie

Started by Chris, January 05, 2024, 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Since I have started overlanding/off-roading/driving around. My goal has been to complete the Alexander Mackenzie. I want to gauge interest in the group to determine if anyone is interested in joining for late august this year. My goal is to somewhat time it so I can head to Chilliwack for their annual rover meet up afterwards.
If you're unfamiliar with this trail, it is in BC and takes Approx 6-10 days to complete depending on conditions and how many trees are knocked down. this is not a basic outing, It is a lot of days in the bush, lots of log clearing ETC. there is a good YouTube video from "The story till now" he did it in 2023, you can watch the trail there, also on YouTube is the ALRE (@alretdi3025) channel which I believe has 2 videos from the previous times the group passed through.

My goal is to gauge valid interest, this is an easy 2 week adventure from driving there and finally getting home as well as countless hours making sure your vehicle is set up for the trail, form food storage, water, gas ETC. 
If you are interested, post a comment let me know if you think this is something you want to tackle this summer together, also feel free to ask any questions you may have or offer insight

binch

I'm always interested in this trip!!   4 times is a charm LOL

If you want to run a camp kitchen and share the meals (3 meals a day, with snacks up to the individuals) then I have a 7 day meal planner to will help you out with this.  It's based on good food and will produce a shopping list based on the number of participants, the average age and two levels of work load expected.   This way you can reduce you campstoves, pots and pans, prep tables, etc.

I think I still have some equipment lists for each vehicle and group equipment.

cheers, Bill   
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I'd be interested but the dates won't work out for me. Damn famdamily always seems to organize weddings whenever a AMT trip is going on.
If I'm still above ground for the next one hopefully I'll be able to make it then.

Enjoy!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

3Rovers

Watching with interest!! I'd go again if the timing works with other obligations.

Chris

so I have decided to do this trip in 2025, I will make a post at some point and this will allow people to book off the required alotted time to do this trip and plan for their vehicle accordingly, my Goal is to have 5 to 7 vehicles. currently I have myself and 1 other going. once I make a post, let me know if you are interested in going based on the time frame ECT

binch

Now that's definitely fare warning LOL

Will be a good trip!!!
Cheers, Bill

Def110

I'm here in Kelowna so keeping an eye open for regional trips of any sort. My initial thoughts are maybe I could join a few days if you would consider that. July and August are a very competitive months for me personally in terms of competing outdoor adventures. Motorcycle trips water sports etc. I'm starting my 4 x 4 adventures now in the shoulder season. Sounds very cool
Def110 Kelowna