Split cone for valves

Started by Gardenome, July 02, 2017, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

Going to reach out to Malcolm but hoping I might luck out with someone closer. I've lost half a pair of split cones for my valves. I'm sure it's right in front of me.

Anyone happen to have something in stock in the Edmonton area?

Thanks,

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugly_90

None here, your image looks different than the ETC4069 I have here in used.

It would be a shame to fit my used parts in anything worth keeping. All your valves, valve guides, valve springs, valve spring caps, anything that you can remove from the head should all be replaced with new OEM or genuine. The parts bill really wasn't that bad, while the uncertainty or failure from recycling used engine internals can be very expensive, probably the last place where you want to save money on a vehicle.

I had good luck with OEM Britpart, and OEM Shop4/EAC in the UK. Shop4 will use Royal Mail if you have a small enough order. Both BP and Shop4 carry supplies of aftermarket engine internals, which should be avoided unless where a part number has been discontinued in OEM or Genuine LR, and where noone has any NOS branded parts.

Bearmach was necessary for a few bits to maintain OEM supply, but this was an added expense.

binch

Have a fresh set of eyes look for the missing piece.....it's probably there laughing at you  ;D
Cheers, Bill