Sean Greene Memorial Trials 2017

Started by lovejugs, September 02, 2017, 08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

lovejugs

hello all its that time of year again and this year its my good lady's turn to set up the trial's after winning last years event. i am looking for a some volunteers to help me set up and marshal the event, it will be help in the Bruderheim area as in years before. the date is Saturday September 30th starting at 10.00 ( i hope :-\)
Dave L

Matt H

I might be able to make it up this time and will be glad to lend a hand Dave.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Let the games big!!!! 8)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

I'll be there to help. Just send details on when and where for helpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor

I'm in for setup/marshalling as well.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

lovejugs

thanks for all those who have offered to help. I went out today to take a look at the area there have been a few changes as most of the bowl by the road has now been closed to public access. Doesn't effect us directly but might lead to more traffic in and around the area we use. I will be sending out an email this weekend with a proposed schedule and times for the two groups (set up and main body) so far i only have a few names for participants so if your reading this and hoping to attend please let me know so i can get the food sorted out.
Dave L

lropchan

binch

Now that was a great day out!!!!   Perfect weather,  Good bit of driving in very challenging medium and lots of smiles!!!!    It didn't matter if you knew what you were doing or not....everyone had a great time out there.   Old and new drivers alike learned a thing or two out there.

My 110 got lots of exercise out there being used by 3 different competitors.

My favourite was the blind fold challenge, where the driver is blind folded and the passenger had to direct the driver.    Complete loss of position so you HAVE to rely on the passenger for good clear directions.     What really surprised me was how quickly the time went by for the driver.....while the bystanders we almost bored with how slow it went  ;D     It really makes you change your driver's attitude when you have to follow someone else's instructions and not your own instincts.

Great job Dave!!!!!!

I'm sure Lloyd will have some great phones of it all!!

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Great job organizing the event on Michelle's behalf Dave. Also glad to see she is healing up nicely too.

A lot of fun was had!

And congrats to Dave for taking the trophy this year!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Gardenome

All the effort by the organizers and helpers  was super appreciated. The loaner vehicles were also very appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lropchan

And the photos are done. They're in a Facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1655773867787423.1073741862.100000644770133&type=1&l=e144ab560f

If you break it, you buy it.

It might be a tight fit.

No stinkin Defender's going to beat me up the hill!

When being chased by a big green truck - RUN!

Ian of the jungle.

How to grow a person:

• Dig hole.
  • Place child in hole.

Apparently everyone worked up and appetite - watch your fingers!

Excuse me, do you have any Grey Poupon?

Trevor

― George Orwell, 1984

3Rovers

Great job with the photos Lloyd!
Shows what a great day we had with lots of fun had by everyone!!
Thanks Dave and all........Looking forward to next year and we can do it again!!

binch

Yup, That was  real HOOT!   Great day to spend some time outdoors in the fresh air....  Looking forward to having a look at all Lloyd's photos ;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Had GREAT time at the trials this year. It was really nice to catch up with folks I've not seen for a long time and meet some of those that I haven't seen before. Learning to drive my stock 110, manual, diesel over sand was significantly more challenging than my usual locked and loaded Rangie but it was great fun. Especially Norm & Johnathon's  'Special' stage!
Hope to make it again next time.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.