Caw Ridge Sept 8-10, 2017

Started by Kermit, July 03, 2017, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Caw Ridge

Kermit

Hi Everyone,

Scoped out the trail last weekend... Easy wheel to trail head, then some tight sections and creek crossings.

At the 3 KM mark, the trail comes to a bridge that is narrow (see picture)...  Didn't risk the crossing without support vehicles.  Could make some enhancements to the bridge or just ensure enough winch vehicles are out? 

Another 5KM of ridge line after the bridge - all high alpine, no trees.

Proposed Itinerary:

Fri:   Leave YEG @ 5:00 p.m. - Camp in Edson Area
Sat:  Convoy Meet Tim's Edson @ 8:00 am
         Crawridge Trail Head 12:00/1:00 P.M
         Random Camp in Area or Campsite Options by Hinton
Sun: Depart for YEG

Is there any interest in this weekend event?

Kermit

Gardenome

That looks awesome. Checking schedule with the mrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Looks like a very nice area you've found there.    I'd be up for that..... ;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Yep. Looks nice. Have to see where is everything for that weekend.

Trevor

Looks like a fun trip, slot me in. I'll have to sit as a "tentative" for a few more weeks as I've got something that might conflict with that weekend. Once I know for sure (start of August) I will confirm one way or another.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

Found a good write up about the trail and surround areas. Grand Cache would be the launch point. It's about an hour west of Hinton roughly on HWY 40. Few camping areas around the hwy. also, a very active area for wild life. Diffinitly would make a fun outing camping trip.

Matt H

Looks nice but a bit far away for me for a weekend. Have fun and take lots of pictures!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

pechanec

Think we'll get in on this one two. Hopefully with 2 running discos by then

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

jybella

I am in, looking forward to the trip.

Jim

Kermit

Update

Last weekend biked well past the bridge and almost above treeline before rain forced retreat.

I have contacted the area Land Management and have necessary paperwork for obtaining a pass for access. Reason is our Rovers are not technically OHV. But this pass gives a real opportunity for access to otherwise off limits area!

The trail at start, is little tight with forest over growth. You will scratch some paint. Other than the bridge, it should be nice climb to the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPeF7dEiZto
(See route from road at 3:33 is bridge)

Final Check Who's Coming With?  Please Write your First Last name and email.

I will be at the next club meeting to discuss the trip and more important DA Bridge to Climb DA Ridge!

binch

I will be coming up Friday night and coming back Saturday evening as I have another commitment on Sunday.    I'll send a pm with my email
Cheers, Bill

jybella

I am still in, my be late on Friday but will catch up Friday night. Sending PM.

Jim

pechanec

Sadly, Due to a scheduling conflict we will be unable to join this adventure. Super bummed.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

binch

Quote from: pechanec on August 26, 2017, 08:54 AM
Sadly, Due to a scheduling conflict we will be unable to join this adventure. Super bummed.

That's too bad Curtis & Nicole.....was looking forward to see you again ;)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

My rover is not ready but I'd love to tag along with my son if there are a couple of empty seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk