Alternate hazard switch for defender

Started by binch, March 31, 2016, 08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Can anyone tell me which of the Carling Technology switches is used to replace the factory 4 way hazard switch on the defenders?

From what I can tell it's a V-Series Contura 11 switch and there are 9 wire to connect some I'm assuming it's a 10 post switch.     But that's as far as I can figure it out.    Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Not exactly sure where you are going with the question....  Just buy the switch as above and install per its instructions.  No "standard" switch will work.  Hazard switches have quite complex internal design.

binch

Carling technology sells switches locally so I was trying to figure out which switch it actually was.   Model number.    But Carling's website doesn't identify a 'hazard switch".      If worse comes to worse I'll bring one in from the UK but it would be nice to source it locally if I can.
Cheers, Bill

Red90

You can't just buy a standard switch.  It is a custom design for this application.  Hazard switch internal design varies with different model cars and it is complex.

If you do need some regular Carling switches, I have a lot of them...

binch

ahhhh...maybe your just answered the question there.     If it's a custom made switch that would be the answer ;)    I was under the impression that it was a commonly used hazard switch for some type of heavy equiment.  ???
Cheers, Bill

Red90

It might be, but you would need to figure it out.  See page 9.  They make 8 different hazard switch wiring styles.

http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/default/files/documents/V-Series-II-III_datasheet.pdf

To me, who actual likes wiring and electronics...I would just buy the Mud UK switch and have it shipped to Canada....  Some things are not worth this level of work.

binch

Ah yes....ancient Simarillion!   I recognized it right away hahahhahhhahhahaha

:o
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

I notice Mud UK carry RAM mounts, fairly heavy duty mounting for vehicle cellular,  gopro camera, radio mounts. If interested, you might contact Ian, " gardennome" on the forum,  as he may have some surplus at his shop that is due for being scrapped. I'm sure he'd be willing to trade. I have a few bits here and there at our office.