CLUTCH NOISES

Started by roverwanabe, March 30, 2016, 04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roverwanabe

Anybody here that is good at diagnoising clutch problems by the noises it is making.
Would appreciate if someone could drop by and check it out, no rush.

5spd

I'm not practiced, only another set of ears, but could swing by.  Am in St Albert.

Chris

Matt H

So...... What noise is it making?

Give me the circumstances (clutch in/out. Engine load etc) brief description of the noise and I'll give it forum diagnostic shot.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

roverwanabe

Started last fall with a squeeking noise when clutch was depressed and released. Now it has evolved into some scraping like noise  along with the squeeking.  Most of the noise is when the clutch is being depressed or released but there is also some when the pedal is held down.  Onch engaged all gears are fine and seem to work normal, full power, no unusual noises.,

Vehicle is a 1968 Series 2a with a Mercedes 5 Cyl. engine convrsion and a Series 3 Gearbox, if  that matters.

Any help would be appreciated

Red90

Sounds like a bad throwout bearing.

Matt H

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

roverwanabe

I thought that was it.  Have to take the dam thing out so I might as well redo the whole thing while it's out. 

Thanks guys

Already a Rover

Bad name for a part: throw-out bearing.  (would you buy a pair of shoes if they were called throw-out shoes?)

5spd

I had a listen to it today, and have decided the whole truck is shot.  I will offer to remove the carcass of said dead truck from the driveway, free of charge, out of the kindness of my heart.

roverwanabe