Ordering: Obsolete Genuine Parts, 2.5 N/A

Started by ugly_90, August 13, 2015, 08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

Have found the following parts as NLA via LR genuine, without an OEM substitute. both are still orderable as aftermarket parts.

- RTC2992, main bearing set, 2.5NA early serials (most).
- ERC9188, cylinder liner

The genuine main bearing set is 52GBP/ea, the genuine liners are 15GBP/ea NOS via PA Blanchard. I will be ordering shortly if anyone wants to join. There are no further obsolete critical genuine/oem parts for the 2.5 that I know of, and these are both fairly critical parts. The liner could be replaced by a machinist's quality branded jobber part, but I would expect it to be more expensive, and with no guarantee of availability.

I have had many problems with existing bores and liners in as-found 2.5 engines, worth a check here.

binch

Both of these items are readily available Adam ;)
Cheers, Bill

KIDD67

Hey is this Adam? So many good contacts with this club I can't remember. Anyway I see your rebuilding a 2.5na. I posted some pics of one I have (which is an early serial I think?) and was wondering if my block will have same pitfalls

ugly_90

Can't tell about your block without seeing it. Being fairly pedantic as always, these parts are still available aftermarket, so no real show stoppers. Expecting the genuine sleeves shortly by new supply. If I wanted to make a wager, i'd bet that the cam, main, and con rod bearings likely have significant wear or corrosion on yours, and your bores or rings could be questionable. They all were on the five engines I inspected. As many of my engines sat for years, trouble develops then.

KIDD67

Are you located in Edmonton? When I get back from Germany I'm interested in visiting some of these 2.5na rebuilds going on in our great club

Bill L

binch

There's a 2.5n/a and 2.25n/a diesel being rebuilt in Calgary, two 2.5n/a's in Stoney Plain that are being rebuilt, that I know of.
Cheers, Bill