200tdi air conditioner inquiry

Started by dylanh19, August 11, 2016, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dylanh19

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help tell me what I have and if they've seen this system/setup before. It was a dual A/C system that I pulled from my 1986 110. The front core/blower sat where the front heater should go and the rear core/blower sat behind the rear bench, on the wheel well. I THINK there is a condensor and fan unit, two cores and two blowers, a compressor, and I think an evaporator, and most of the hoses. There is also a vent system that ran from the rear unit up and over the rear bench seats along the roof liner. It wasn't working at the time, and likely needed re-gassing, and perhaps a tune up, but I don't know for certain.
I have no need for the system anymore, but just wanted to see if anyone can give me any more information on it. The vehicle came from Hong Kong about 10 years ago, and lived in Vancouver for 10 years. I can't see any Land Rover parts markings on any of it, but the system all fit in as snug as a bug, with all mounting brackets appearing to be original and unmodified. The compressor is 'Sanden Corporation Heavy Duty.’
If anyone can tell me anything about the system, particularly what it is worth? I’m looking to sell it as I do not plan to put it back in my truck.
Thanks

Red90

AFAIK, the normal A/C system before the 300 TDI where like that, with a combination heater/evaporator/blower unit under the hood.  The rear A/C for an optional add-on. So it is probably all stock.  To sell "well" though, you would need to include all of the dash parts as well as those are the harder bits to source.

You can see all the main system parts in the genuine parts catalogue.
http://www.allbrit.de/NAV.cfm?PAGE=383940&SPRACHE=EN

No idea of sale value.  You can buy complete new kits for under $3000 that use the later "in-cab" evaporator/blower.  Maybe half of that to put together your own system from more generic aftermarket option.  I think most parts for the old style like your are NLA.

dylanh19

Very helpful, thanks. The extent of the dash parts were a 3 speed switch for the blowers and a thermostat switch. No additional front vent system or anything of that sort. The front blower blew through a hole in the passenger footwell.

Red90

Quote from: dylanh19 on August 11, 2016, 12:35 PM
No additional front vent system or anything of that sort. The front blower blew through a hole in the passenger footwell.

That does not sound stock then, at least for ones I've seen.  There should be a whole vent system that sits up in the upper dash. 

binch

Britpart is stocking aftermarket A/C systems now, but I think they are for 300tdi's

http://www.britpart.com/all-parts/da2343r/
Cheers, Bill