disco 1 running problems

Started by pechanec, April 10, 2016, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

The video helps.

Have you done a compression test? Getting back to basics is always a good place to start.
The idle sounds really rough too. You could have a worn out camshaft? Whip the rocker covers off and measure valve lift.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

certainly sounds like you are missing on a cylinder or two as well...... ???
Cheers, Bill

Orange Disco

This happened to me 2 years ago, on a 4.oL.

I have a MAF sensor you can try on that... I would try that first before putting in any more time and money.

It won't give you a code unless the circuit is open, short, value out of range... But it can f*&k the fueling system and starve the engine without throwing a code.

That would be my guess, I was right the first time, that when everyone else I had spoken to told me my engine was totalled.

Something to think about.

Orange Disco

I just watch your video, It did the exact same thing to me, I'm telling you!

I know what it's like!  :o

pechanec

we did try the MAF, no help. However, coolant looks sludgy(black goo) so I suspect a liner or head gasket issue. We have decided to retire the Silver Bullet as the underbody also has a serious case of cancer. Offroad parts are being moved to my D1(Growler) and Wife's recently acquired '02 D2 (along with bits from our dearly departed D2 Kalahari ;Ratchet)Thanks all for your assistance. Hoping to bring 'em out to meet some fellow rovers soon. Cheers.

Orange Disco

Oh, well...

Now you know.

Cheers!

Orange Disco

:o

binch

Cheers, Bill