Pioneer Kit / Shovel Tie Down Straps

Started by xmod109, June 19, 2019, 06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmod109

Having recently purchased some OEM Tie-down strap replacements for my Pioneer kit, I found the new nylon ones to be seriously lacking any traction and pretty well useless.
As such, I have made up some much more solid straps from old military web straps. They are almost trice the thickness of the OEM canvas straps with the same brass fittings and hold the equipment solidly.

Straps are 10" long, 1" wide and approximately 1/8" thick. Material is tight weave military cotton / canvas webbing.

I have 2 styles available. The P37 straps are a tan / khaki color (WW2 Canadian Webbing). Buckles have been sewn on with nylon thread.
There is some color variation as the donor straps are faded at different levels but they are solid with no tears or damage.

The OD ones come from NOS  P51 webbing. Same specs as the others but the webbing was un-issued (new) so there is no color variation.

I am selling them online but will make them available for club members at a discounted price. I do have to have more made so there will be a waiting period if I am out of stock.
$20 for a set of 4. If you want them mailed, postage will be $5, or I can bring them to a gathering,

I can also have them made in different lengths if you need them special.
Please PM me with your requests.

xmod109

More pics, the OD ones have oxidized brass fittings so you might need to break out the Brasso and a rag.  ;D

binch

Cheers, Bill

xmod109

Also, if you want full size 30" straps to use for tilt repair as  roll-up straps or stick loop replacements, the OD green ones would be great for almost anything. I can get them for $3 each.