1991 Ex-MOD Defender 90 SOLD

Started by KIDD67, September 27, 2015, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDD67

Sold.

ugly_90

If you have any trouble selling it, try consignment at the fancy collector car lot on stony plain road and winterburn. One matching yours sold there two years ago for $10K, It sold in like two days. You could ask for a little more to cover the consignment costs.

... now there is an eight ton Bedford waiting for a good home. BTW " Bedford " is old English, meaning " Discovery and RRC crusher... " :-)

Red90

Do you know the build date?  If you are over 25 years you can get more than that selling in the states.

Trevor

Quote from: Red90 on September 27, 2015, 09:31 PM
Do you know the build date?  If you are over 25 years you can get more than that selling in the states.

Yes, what John said. You're close enough to the 25 year mark that you should plan to sell that into the US if you can pin down the manufacture date. You'll do much much better that way just in the sale price, and you'll get the exchange uptick to boot.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Already a Rover

Hi.  I might be interested.  Especially if I could use the spare engine and tranny in my Series 2a - do you know what that involves?

I am in Japan right now though, probably for another 2 weeks.

Jim

camo388

The Defender engine, a 2.5NA, will go into the 2A but needs to mate to 2A tranny and this is a common upgrade. 
I might be wrong but I don't think the Defender engine and it's tranny can be fitted into a Series.  I expect there is too many things to change to make it an DIY project.
Off the top of my head I can think mounts, drive shafts and park brake need to be modified.
I Googled Defender into a Series and drive shafts for sure need to be changed.  One shorter and the other longer.  Getting a shop to do this will be expensive.  This and the fact, the Defender tranny will make the truck slower makes the swap unattractive.  As well they state, rebuilding a Series tranny is easier.

Already a Rover

Thanks.  You know me - always an optimist!  But this is the same engine I have been thinking about then - still NA?!  I'm surprised!

I'll make some enquiries on Guns and Rovers.

Jim