Moab 2016

Started by Trevor, April 09, 2015, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Moab 2016

Trevor

Quick update to participants, I'll be sending out an email soon to coordinate an informal gathering for this trip. There's a few small things I want to cover off that are easier to do if folks are all together, such as; convoy planning for the trip down, trail preference discussion and trail schedule, days we'll do our overnight desert camping, and then cover off any other questions folks might have.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Trevor

We have a pre-trip planning meeting scheduled for my house, July 14 @ 7:30 PM.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

Trip plaqnning meeting is complete and the crew is ready to go. We've got another vehicle added, a friend of mine Mark and his '09 Xterra.

It's going to be a great time, looking forward to it!
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

you kids are going to have a great time!   I'm going to miss the camp out in the desert!!!
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Yes, I'm very jealous. Hopefully this won't be the last time out to off road Disneyland for the club.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

I'm sure we'll be back.....Trevor Bubba is a rocking junkie!     ;D
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Yessir!

As long as Obama doesn't shut us down at the end of this year, I'll keep returning to my Mecca.
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

Welp, the troops are making their final preparations, only a couple weeks to go before we depart for Moab 2016. Looking forward to a great trip, excellent company, and some epic trails. We've got 4 vehicles going, so a nice manageable group. The overnight camping will be a lot of fun as well...it's a different experience camping out in the desert, not quite what we are used to up here.

I'm getting a stronger sense that this will be the last trip as I'm pretty sure Obama is going to shut it down for good. So we will make this a good one!

― George Orwell, 1984

binch

;D   I'm generally a pessimist at heart but I'm keeping an open mind on the future for the area ;)

But I had to laugh as your last note reminded my of something Oddball said in Kelly's Heros.....      Laughed, and laughed, and laughed.....

Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Oddball = best tank commander evah!  ;D
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

That's a good one Bill. Lol

Matt H

Moab is getting shut down?
Justin Trudeau will get some work done one day?
The new Jeep Wrangler will have no longer have beam axles?
An all new Defender will arrive within my lifetime?

All questions that cannot be answered.

Have a great time in Moab guys. "Party (or wheel in your case) like it's 1999".
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Cheers, Bill

Trevor

We're getting set to head home tomorrow. The trip was a lot of fun, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Lots of great trails run, a night of desert camping after a long day on the trails, and many an evening sitting around having a few drinks and exchanging stories after a good meal.

Good times all around.

I didn't take any pictures, but others were clicking away vigorously so we might see something posted after we return to town.
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Excellent!!!   Looking forward to hearing all about it folks!! ;)
Cheers, Bill