SGMT Trials Event

Started by Trevor, February 07, 2016, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• SGMT

Trevor

Details will follow as we get closer to the event date. But this day has been locked in as our SGMT event.

We will be holding it at the Bruderheim sand pits again.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

I'm in to help out if I'm in the country  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I'm starting the final planning for the Sean Green Memorial Trials event.

Date/Time: Saturday, Sept 17, 10:00 AM to mid/late afternoon
Breakfast: Participants can meet at the Humpty's in Fort Sask for breakfast at 8:30, with a plan to leave for Bruderheim no later than 9:30.

Event details: Similar to previous years, we will have various trials courses setup. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to navigate those courses without hitting the gates. I would also like to try one blindfolded course...it wouldn't be that challenging to drive, er, assuming you could see. But with a blindfold, and a spotter, it should be entertaining enough.

Lunch: Bring your own lunch/snacks, we will have a break for lunch midday.

Volunteers: I could use some help setting up the courses. My plan is to map out the courses on the Monday of the Sept long weekend, and then setup the gates the morning of the event. This would require the setup team to be at Bruderheim for 7:30 AM on the 17th. If you are interested in helping please let me know. 

Participants: If you would like to participate, please reply here with a note that you plan to attend.

Edit: Please reply by Aug 31 if you would like to attend. That will be the cutoff date to determine if there is sufficient interest in the event.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Red90

Quote from: Trevor on August 16, 2016, 09:44 AM
I would also like to try one blindfolded course...it wouldn't be that challenging to drive, er, assuming you could see. But with a blindfold, and a spotter, it should be entertaining enough.

We did that a few years ago.  The passenger calls out directions.  Fastest through the course wins with time penalties for hitting gates.

B-Red

I will be attending Trevor. Am also available for gate setup day of the event.
This will be a fun day.
Cheers
Emad

binch

Quote from: Red90 on August 16, 2016, 12:09 PM
Quote from: Trevor on August 16, 2016, 09:44 AM
I would also like to try one blindfolded course...it wouldn't be that challenging to drive, er, assuming you could see. But with a blindfold, and a spotter, it should be entertaining enough.

We did that a few years ago.  The passenger calls out directions.  Fastest through the course wins with time penalties for hitting gates.

Let's up the level of difficulty and have the passenger outside the vehicle directing the driver by radio! hahahhahhahaha

I'll be there to help out, and to play on the day ;-)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Trevor is not getting a lot of interest in this event this year and that's not good at all.....   Come folks....time to get off the pot and participate.   It's a great day out and a lot of fun!!!!

So what do you say :(
Cheers, Bill

3Rovers

Gardenome

I'd said I would go in an email but going to mention it here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruzer

Count me in, I would love to attend.

As I'm heading there from the North can you post a detailed map to get to site please.

binch

Trevor will send that out to everyone the week before the event ;-)

For loose reference (or google) it's the sand dune area directly south of the river and Bruderheim, AB. :)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: Cruzer on August 27, 2016, 05:26 PM
Count me in, I would love to attend.

As I'm heading there from the North can you post a detailed map to get to site please.

Yessir, as Bill noted I'll get some directions posted shortly. I'm afraid I don't have you actually name though for the attendee list. If you could post it here or PM me that would be appreciated!
― George Orwell, 1984

pechanec

we will try to be there(work permitting)we have never been to a trials. i may even try running a course, but id like to scope it out before committing to that. May bring a couple friends out to see it as well if that is cool.

binch

If you are there, and you have your vehicle, I'm pretty sure you'll want to run the course.  Nothing too serious just a lot of fun ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

We have enough participants to run the SGMT. Here is the list I have:

SGMT Attendees       

Participants              Marshalls               Maybe's

Brendan Leir              Glen Millar               Orville Chubb
Jeffrey Smallhorn      Jonathan Hendry    
Kerwin Mandrusiak      Trevor Myler    
Dave Lovelock       
Emad El-Zein       
Ian       
Don Harris       
Bill Inch       
Claus Rieger       

As usual, we will likely recruit some of the co-pilots to help serve as marshalls during the event.

Here is a rundown of the event information again for Saturday, Sept 17:

Setup Team (Glen, Jonathan, Emad, Bill, Trevor)

08:00 Setup Group DEPARTS Humpty's from Fort Sask (I'll be there around 7:00 for breakfast)
08:30 Setup group arrives at Bruderheim for course setup

09:00: Main party meet at Humpty’s in Fort Saskatchewan on Hwy 15
10:00: Main Party departs for Bruderheim
10:30: Drivers briefing at Bruderheim
10:45: SGMT begins

We will work in a lunch break around noonish

I would expect the event will end around 3:00PM

Location: just west of the North Bruderheim Natural Area, TWP 565 & RR 205A

From Fort Saskatchewan, take HWY 15  east to HWY 830. Head north to TWP 565. Turn right (east) and continue on until you reach the first intersecting RR (RR205A). The event area is directly south in the sand dune area there.

Here is a link to last years event that has a nice Google map of the area, with our trials location highlighted. http://alre.club/Forum/index.php?topic=191.15

Lunch: Bring your own lunch, there are not enough participants to have a catered lunch

See you all on the 17th!

― George Orwell, 1984