Go/no glow

Started by Matt H, January 29, 2017, 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

My 300tdi Disco has been laid up for a couple of months with an electrical issue of some sort. With the cold weather and not much time available it has just sat until we finally got a break in the weather and I had a spare Saturday afternoon.

Searched about and found a few minor issues that were quickly rectified then I came accross the main culprit. A broken Glow plug with a dead short to ground.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Matt H

Anyone know of a local or generic source? I want to replace all four.

Red90

My recollection is that this size is only used in the 300TDI, so you would need to buy from your favourite Rover parts supplier.

At least the tip did not break off in the head.  It is fun when that happens.

binch

According to LRseries ETC8847 works for both 200 and 300's, but you have a choice on manufacturers and prices  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I bought a set a few years back for my 300tdi through Bill. I did some poking around at that time and there was nothing standard on this continent that matched, as far as I could find anyway.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Thats what I figured as most of what I turned up on the various NA websites was just re-sold parts from Europe.