Defender 90 Wheel spacers

Started by dell-man, February 13, 2018, 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dell-man

I'm looking for some alternative wheels (rims) for my '98 Defender 90, but am having some trouble finding wheels I like that fit the 5 x 6" (165 mm) bolt pattern.  Has anyone used wheel spacers to change the bolt pattern to something more standard - say 5 x 150mm (5.9").

Trevor

Hmm, I haven't come across anything that changes the bolt pattern. There's a few vendors over in the UK making spacers though. Rakeway is one of them that comes to mind, I think they make them for all models.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

camo388

I've had some spacers that also changed the bolt pattern.  I don't recall the maker but all I had to do was supply the two bolt patterns.  You have to indicate which is the brake drum pattern, (it's stud and the nut size), and then the wheel stud pattern (and stud size), that you are adapting to.   Maker did the rest.  Counter sunk holes for the brake drum bolts (and nut), and fitted correct sized studs and nuts for the wheel.
I'll have a quick look and maybe come up with a name for you.

Red90

There are many available to change to the later 5 on 120 mm pattern. Used on Disco 2 and later and BMWs.

camo388

The company that made my spacers/ adapters was Novustech , 676 Westheights Dr. , Kitchener, ON  N2N 2Z3
I Googled Novustech and they have an on line order form and contact information.
The adapters are only 25 mm (1") thick so depending on vehicle and tires, may cause fender rubbing.

binch

Alan Yim is using spacers on his Def 200tdi so he can run with Disco 11 rims (I think).    But I've been hearing that spacers put undo stress on the stub axle bearings. ???
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I've run spacers on The Mighty Range Rover for over 10 years on some pretty rough terrain and never had any problems whatsoever. 
My 2c.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

TJay

I ran across this a couple site weeks ago and looks like they are good quality http://www.wheelspacers.ca/ . They are out of Chilliwack and it appears they will make custom spacers as required.