Surprise, surprise, surprise

Started by binch, July 27, 2017, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

While I was having some "minor upgrades" done to my rear axle we found these two almost spherical steel balls in the rear diff of my 110.   They were floating around between the pinion gear and the input shaft, in the narrow part of the Diff.    For the life of us we can't figure out what they were as all other parts of the diff were present and accounted for.    Best guess is they were filler plugs that were screwed ALL the way in by some dummy that didn't realize they were a friction fit plug!!!    Dave said that Yoda had the same thing with his 101.....could it be a military mod done by a new REME
mechanic!??!    Gears and Bearings are fine but the crush sleeve was being destroyed by these two objects.   It would have made for a crappy failure on the trail somewhere.   But now.....All new bearings, half shalfs and drive members......and a little bit of an Eaton mess in the diff  ;D
But I'm sure glad I found it now before it

Cheers, Bill

Red90

FYI. You can't link photobucket pictures anymore.

binch

Quote from: Red90 on July 27, 2017, 05:29 PM
FYI. You can't link photobucket pictures anymore.

Well that's what's going on there....time to find a better site.    Photo bucket is becoming a bit of a dinosaur.   Now....how to transferr all those upload pics.......CRAP!!!! >:(
Cheers, Bill

headdamage

I think they want us to pay to get our photos back now based on the email they sent me.

Red90

The theory is that the owner's are setting things up to take all of the company funds and disappear in advance of forcing it to collapse.

camo388

Quote from: headdamage on July 28, 2017, 09:28 AM
I think they want us to pay to get our photos back now based on the email they sent me.

I was reading a post about this on an Australian LR forum.  Some had received an email asking for payment of $399, which was going to be to $500 Australian.  Many were annoyed about the added cost but even more annoyed they could not retrieve or change pictures in topics already posted until fee was paid.  General feeling it was a money grab on the part of Photobucket.

binch

extortion.....noooooooooooo ::)
Cheers, Bill