Wanted: 110 hood sticks

Started by Gish, February 20, 2018, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gish

Hey,
Got a brand new top i'm wanting to put on my 110 but need the rear sticks (all three verticals as well as the horizontals)  I have the front rails but am currently missing the rear.  May end up trying to make some up, but already made ones would be good.
If you have any kicking around please let me know.

Gish

None around? 
Might try my hand at making some I guess - Not sure if these dimensions are right though, anyone give a quick eyeball?

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/ajb403/media/cGF0aDovaW1hZ2VfenBzZTQwMjMxMzQuanBn/?ref=
http://www.aloharovers.com/tech/hoop2.htm

Matt H

They are quite hard to come by over here. Most, if not all, civilian utility Land Rovers ever sold in North America came with hard tops. There are a few kicking around from the early Army 110's (with the usual Army wear and tear) but the later units were also all hard top. They are also bulky and expensive to ship from the UK.

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

mike.heathcote

Agreed - and if you do find them, you pay through the nose. 

I can't see the photobucket link, but I made the sticks for my S2 out of  1" electrical conduit.  Between that, a pipe-bender and a hammer and you're all set! 

Rambler

Here are some dimensions (sorry I don't remember the source so couldn't acknowledge this in my post)
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

camo388

By the way Defender and Series use the same hoops.
PM sent,  Bruce

Rosco

I think I might have some roof bar related stuff, ill take a look what I have when I get to my shop

ugly_90

I may have a lead on a full set, you'd likely be paying the going rate for them though, whatever that turns out to be. Will send you a PM if he has any.

Gish

Thanks for the info folks.  I do have some parts already but may end up trying to manufacture the main rear sticks.  Good to know the random internet plans are decently accurate.