How 9yr old boys think

Started by VA7ZD, May 02, 2017, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA7ZD

This kind of has a Land Rover connection.
Let me set the scenario. I recently purchased a set of new 110 front coil springs from a member in Calgary and had my daughter, who lives in Calgary pick them up for me. (I live on Vancouver Island)
When she got home my ever inquisitive 9yr old grandson was asking all about them. During the explanation my daughter suggested that he could put an arm thru each one and wave his arms around while saying " DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!!!" ( remember "Lost In Space" from 100yrs ago)and she could video him and send it to me. To this Liam replied "Mom instead I want to attach them to the bottom of my feet and jump off the roof!! How high do you think I'd bounce"
There you have it. It's a wonder any of us male types survive.
Ian
;D ;D

bumpydormobile

Better get  some air bags too!

binch

hah!!!!!    Springs, smings.......   I used my dad's golf umbrella and a wading pool to soften the landing.    Guess what...?  No broken bones!!!!   But I'll be damned if I'm going to try that again! ::)
Cheers, Bill

VA7ZD

I like the airbag idea. I'll have to pass that onto my daughter, some pre-emptive safety measures.
Say mister binch, that had to hurt, sounds like a hard way to find out about gravity. What did the old man have to say about the umbrella, I presume it was toast after the experiment.
Ian

binch

Not really.....umbrella turned inside out so I turned in right side in and put it back in his golf bag.   Being a fare weather golfer I don't think he ever noticed that one.    But climbing and heights has never really gotten out of my system.    No cell phones to keep track of me and no portable electric devices to occupy my time....so I came up with my own adventures.  Maybe one day I'll tell you all about wooden wagon that I converted to a push cart, load with 3 opened up garbage bags as my drag chutes and a really big hill.    yup...no fear of god at that age!
Cheers, Bill