I seem to have lost my P38...

Started by RWAYOUT, March 11, 2017, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWAYOUT

But in a good way.
My in-laws van decided to finally give up ( 03 windstar w/ 300,000 km ... RIP ol' girl ) and they were stuck for a vehicle.  Since my Rangie is sitting on the driveway doing nothing , I offered it to them until they find a replacement vehicle. 
So I fired her up , checked the fluids and drove it out to their house with a full tank. 
Going over the basics with a 70 year old couple , they got familiar with it fast , although they look diminutive inside it, which was kind of funny
Fast forward a week , I call and just make sure they are ok with it , and if there were any questions that they had about it or anything.
" Can we just keep it ? It drive so nice. "
Uhhhh..... sure ? I guess if you want it , it's all yours .. but I'm kind of attached to it. 

" It sticks to the road like glue , and there is so much glass I can see so easily "
Yea well I put new tyres on her , and I love that Land Rover seating position and large glass area.... makes it feel very large inside

" The seat warmers don't work "
It's a Land Rover , something's not going to work. It's like a surprise !

" So how long can we drive it ? "
As long as you want , in-laws, I'm glad you love it as much as I do "

So next week we are going to go looking for a used RR sport ( 08+ ) and Put them in that. 
It was great to hear from a elderly couple how much they fell in love with a 16 year old vehicle ... and how easy it was to drive , park , load , use it. 
Now maybe I'll get them to buy a new Discovery sport and I'll simply " borrow " it ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 Range Rover HSE 4.6
EAS works !

binch

Great write up!    Always good to hear an old RR is still loved  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

An LR3 of the same time frame might be an option as well. I see lots of them for sale, and they're a pretty sturdy vehicle for an elderly couple.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

RWAYOUT

Quote from: Trevor on March 11, 2017, 01:18 PM
An LR3 of the same time frame might be an option as well. I see lots of them for sale, and they're a pretty sturdy vehicle for an elderly couple.

100% agreed. 
I found a few online with full service history and all paperwork , so once we can get them out to test drive them , we shall see how it goes. 
Right now they are in no rush , and I don't mind having my RR parked in a heated garage for the time being
On a side note , I was thrilled that after sitting on my driveway for weeks , not plugged in , it fired right up straight away , EAS immediately came up to normal height ( I always park it in lowest position over long periods of time )
Since I got it in June / 16 , I've only put 4000 km on it .... so she sits a lot. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 Range Rover HSE 4.6
EAS works !

binch

Sounds like it's got a good home, with visiting rights  ;D
Cheers, Bill