Banning Diesel in cities?

Started by headdamage, December 02, 2016, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headdamage

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ban-diesel-paris-athens-madrid-mexico-city-1.3878883

Four of the world's largest and most polluted cities have decided to ban diesel cars and trucks from their streets by 2025.

The mayors of Paris, Mexico City, Madrid and Athens announced the commitment in Mexico City on Friday at the C40 Mayors' Summit, a meeting of city leaders.

Trevor

We'll see that here soon I'm sure. Well, maybe not all diesel, but we'll certainly see emissions regs before her time is up.

Our Dear Leader will lead us to the promised land!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

I'm not going to sweat it  8)      I'll just start burning chip oil and I'll have my own followers  ;D
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Quote from: Trevor on December 02, 2016, 02:47 PM

Our Dear Leader will lead us to the promised land!

Yep. We will be phased out and get compensated from the Carbon tax that got collected. At 1.3 Billion I am sure we can buy the new Range Rovers

Matt H

....and I'm assuming these mayors and city council members are all going to lead by example and walk or cycle to work every day?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on December 03, 2016, 02:35 PM
....and I'm assuming these mayors and city council members are all going to lead by example and walk or cycle to work every day?

Cycling consumes too many rubber and metal products for thebike itself, and transport fuels to get it here.

Walking is better for them. With no shoes...cause there's petroleum products in those too.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

Yes, it's ironic that they all just had to meet face to face in Mexico City instead of just using a conference call or Skype or something. Air travel is one of the worst polluting forms of transport.

The ruling class, as always, obviously consider themselves exempt.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

― George Orwell, 1984