New Discovery 5

Started by Matt H, August 25, 2016, 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

Land Rover have taken the wraps off the new for 2018 Discovery 5...kinda.

Can't say I'm in love with the styling. Looks like a KIA, Ford, Nissan or every other aero dynamic blob offered by just about everyone right now.

Good thing Land Rover have a "design guru" like Mr McGovern to help them out or they would end up producing SUV's that look like everyone else's! (Said with scathing Sarcasm)

Probably be a really nice family hauler though.

Fourwheeler article on the 2018 Discovery 5.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1608-spied-2018-land-rover-discovery-without-camouflage/
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Cheers, Bill

SpeedyJ

Sorry Matt, I'm pretty sure that you're mistaken, that's clearly last year's Ford Explorer.

Trevor

Quote from: SpeedyJ on August 26, 2016, 08:54 AM
Sorry Matt, I'm pretty sure that you're mistaken, that's clearly last year's Ford Explorer.

Yeah, if you hadn't said that was a Lr, I'd have pegged it  as an Explorer for sure.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzN4pZpO-a8

Teaser with Bear Grylls parachuting and using a smart phone app to raise the rear seats in a new Disco 5.

Off road content? The Disco travels across some wet grass at the airfield. 

"World Premier" of the Discovery 5 is advertised as 28 September 2016.

B-Red

The Discovery that is out since last year was on the trails with few people. One fellow traded his Evoque for it. He commented how it's nine gear system is not better. He pointed how they where getting stuck more often than Evoque.

binch

One note of interest.....apparently there were a couple of the new diesels RR's and I think Discos there on saturday.    I wasn't aware of it until Alan told me later on, when everyone went home.    I couldn't here them over my 200tdi anyway ahhahahhahhahha

But you could definitely see the differnce in drivers ability and adaptability.    The car could only do so much  ;)    But a good day all the same....
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Red90

The diesel fuel economy figures are pretty amazing.  8.3 l/100km city, 6.5 highway.  If that is correct, it is 1300 highway km for a tank.

Matt H

That works out to above 43mpg in real money!