News from Jolly Old...

Started by binch, May 16, 2018, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Some of the news I've been hearing from this side of the pond, that I hadn't heard yet......

1.  The ever infamous Liverage is gone under.   I expect it had something to do with the rubbish it was sending to our side of the pond.

2.  The renowned Nene Overland has also shut it's doors.  But I don't know why...I'm expecting someone retired there as they were the "go to" people for overland vehicle preparations.  They weren't cheap but they did good work.

3.   Third week in June they are planning a guiness record (don't know if that's stout or nout) for the largest number of Series 1 land rovers in one place at one time.  This is to take place at some beach in Wales where the Wilk brothers drew up their first protype drawings in the sand 70 years ago.     Oh how I'd like to be there for that~!!!!!!

And just so you know....the fish and chip standards in the uk Haven't slipped yet.  I've been checking.......   ;-)
Cheers, Bill

alany

Nene Overland shutting down is actually significant. Hard to believe no would be interested in taking over...unless LR is making hard on some of these outfits.

binch

rumour has it they've opened under a new name (still under "nene") but not an overland shop from what I understand.
Cheers, Bill