Our Bc Trip, pictures

Started by jybella, August 16, 2016, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jybella

Our Trip,

We started in Kimberly took the FSR over to Crawfort Bay hopped on the ferry across to Balfour, followed Kootney lake up to Kaslo and continued North on the FSR thru to Trout Lake and to Galena ferry to Shelter Bay, hoped back on the FSR following  Arrow Lake down to Arrow Park ferry, moved across and camped at Burton. We then took the Needles Ferrrry and drove HWY 6 to Lumby, back on the FSR pass Mabel Lake fooling the FSR North to Three Valley and meeting up on HWY #1, off again at Craigellachie, heading North on the FSR over the top of Arrow Lake coming out at Vanenby South of Blue River, heading back to Alberta checked out Whitehorse Creek in Cadomin then home to Edmonton.

2600KM, 9 days, the Defender did not miss a beat, no breakdowns, no issues.

Here's some pics

jybella

binch

Sounds like a GREAT trip Jim!   How'd the new trailer work out...?   You happy with the layout you ended up with?

I really like to see some good, large photos of the trail....if you don't mind ;-).....   Looks like a great job  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Nice trip and an interesting trailer set up. Way cooler than my 1993 Canadian Tire pink and turquoise tent I just used recently.

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

camo388

Can we see more pictures of the trailer set up please?  Pretty please??
I'd like to say I don't have a trailer I'd like to fit out and not interested in stealing some of your ideas,  but I'd be lying.

Trevor

Really like the setup you've got there. Nice pics as well!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

jybella

Here's some pics during construction

jybella

jybella

camo388

Thank you for the pictures.  I have to admire your fabricating and welding.   Where is that 2 thumbs up smiley face??
I can see I have a lot of work ahead of me, just to get my frame as neat and clean as yours.
I was working on the idea of using a Sankey trailer to convert for camping. 
Your trailer is far and away beyond that!

binch

I'm liking this unit a lot! ;)
Cheers, Bill

northerndefender

Very nice job on the trailer.  I think it has surpassed its originator  ;D

binch

I'm hoping to see this one out at the tent/trailer event that Chris is putting together in late sept!   maybe the builder too ;)
Cheers, Bill