Caw Ridge Sept 8-10, 2017

Started by Kermit, July 03, 2017, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Caw Ridge

binch

When I click on the either of the two links listed above it opens face book and tells me I must be logged in to view it.    So...I have no way of logging in right now as the boss is asleep and it's not safe to wake here  ;)

Hold it.....I think I've got something sorted now.   I have been opening the forum through IE with no luck with the links.   But just for a lark I tried opening it on Google Chrome and it opened the link from there just fine.   Don't know why one and not the other....but it works so I'm happy with it.

I wonder if Emad got some vid of 'the bridge' ::)
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Move away from the dark side (exploder) and welcome to the light (chrome).  :)
Glad it's working for you now.

Matt H

Quote from: B-Red on September 11, 2017, 04:26 PM
However, it's difficult to comprehend such policies that have logging and mining all over the place then complain about recreational users.

I agree.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

It is pretty easy to comprehend.  Mining, logging and grazing pay money to the government.  Managing off road users and making sure they comply with the rules costs money.

Trevor

Quote from: Red90 on September 11, 2017, 03:05 PM
The discussion about a blanket alpine closure is a result of the SSRP and the impending (by next summer) PLUZing of the open areas between highway 3 and Kananaskis.  The SSRP talks of requiring closure to motorized use in delicate alpine areas.  Certain people in Alberta parks have eluded to using elevation as a blanket basis for determining what trails are acceptable and what are not.  It would not surprise me to see a park created that covers the remaining open portion of the divide above a certain elevation, thus making the closure clear and permanent.

Not that is matters, most likely, to us.  I would not be surprised if trucks are blanket banned from all these new PLUZs and they only do a limited OHV trail system.

Thanks for the info John.

I would tend to agree with your assessment...the debate seems to be around how/what/where OHV's will be allowed access. 4x4's thus far have been an easy outright ban.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

pechanec

Also, mining/ logging/etc have to reclaim land(at least in theory) went finished. Plus these are seen as necessary activities. Our use is seen as destructive and unnecessary by a tree-huggerish government

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk