Spring is sprunginged

Started by Trevor, March 29, 2017, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

With the sun shining, some blue sky showing itself, snow melting, and those longer days on the way, I'm wondering who's dusted off their LR's and enjoyed some of this improving weather?

I'm getting the Defender out of storage this Friday. I'm quite looking forward to the weekend, lotsa put-putting around to be done!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

I've taken out my side windows and turned them around so the seem doesn't face forward any longer! :-)

And I'm installing the wolf style fuel doors, now that they are painted.   

And the Detroit locker I've had for a few years now may get installed in the salsbury axle this year too.....

I think I've been possessed or something!!!!

Toza is up this weekend to visit with his son Derek....maybe we could do an outing for the day.     If nothing else I can certainly see dinner at the golden Bird ;D
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

That's a good idea Bill. Maybe a run out to Bruderheim for a little bit of playing around....or just a drive somewhere works too.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

We might have something here...... 8)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

These sound like good ideas.  Keep me in the loop.

Trevor

I was reminded last night that I already made plans for Saturday, so I don't think I'll be doing much adventuring this weekend.
― George Orwell, 1984

ochubb

I'm up for a little road/off road trip Saturday. 

Gardenome

I don't have a lot of plans for Saturday ATM....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

I'm waiting to hear from Toza who is due out on Friday evening.

I'm going to be squeezed for time this weekend trying to get the RRC to move to another shop for painting.   But I still would like to get out for a couple of hours.     If the weather's going to be nice we could maybe grab a picnic lunch and head out to Brule for a couple of hours or maybe to the south end of Blackfoot grazing reserve.

If everyone has picked up their free park passes for 2017 then we could run into Elk island .......

Just some thoughts

Susan and I do breakfast at the Saratoga on Saturday mornings about 9am...always good for bite.    But I wanted to get over to the golden bird for my favourite Vietnemese food, Saturday or sunday evening too ;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

I was contemplating an Elk island run this Saturday. Wanted to do a small hiking trail. A picnic sounds just right too. I do have my pass to the park.

ochubb

It sounds like Elk Island it is.

Just to confirm Saratoga is at 2610 Calgary Trail -- sorry I'm just a poor boy from the north side and I don't know these upper class southside hangouts.

Gardenome

Rough time? Specific location? Not super familiar with the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Quote from: ochubb on March 31, 2017, 05:32 PM
It sounds like Elk Island it is.

Just to confirm Saratoga is at 2610 Calgary Trail -- sorry I'm just a poor boy from the north side and I don't know these upper class southside hangouts.

Yup, that's the Saratoga...nothing fancy, just a great little dinner that we've been going to for years.   When you get there ask for a table in "Suzy's area".  Then have a look for a familiar face.   Susan and  I usually show up for about 915 or 930 and we'll be in Suzy's area.

Toza and Derek can't make it for breakfast as I think they are going to the south side market for breakfast and then off swimming.    But we are shooting on getting together for dinner at the golden bird for about 630pm.   num, num ;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Good. Will meet at 9:15 for breakfast and head out to Elk Island afterwards. Cheers

Trevor

― George Orwell, 1984