For Realz?

Started by SpeedyJ, September 17, 2016, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyJ

Is this thing for real?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1200173235&utm_source=alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_alerts

$95000USD!!!

I usually don't post stuff like this, or complain about how much people are asking for thing, normally I simply don't buy them. I'm sure this thing is nice, but you could have bought a brand new one and the entire contents of several accessory catalogues and still had enough left over to build a two car garage.

Anywho, I'm gonna go pull some cash out of my RRSPs and reinvest it.

-J

ugly_90

There seems to be an importer who posts regularly on BC roverlanders, I think its the same unit. Not much to complain about here, its only worth what someone is willing to pay.

At $95k, A buyer would do much better importing a newer comparable unit from Europe with the shipping in. I note the same with trucks like the Unimog. A certain model year and build may be asking $75K here, and $25K in  South Africa. I doubt there's a $50K shipping and duty bill involved.

I can't see a 110 that old and that fancy selling quickly at that price.

Red90

They probably have that much into it.  I doubt these high dollar trucks are selling, but who knows.  People have certainly been asking a lot the last year or so.

Trevor

I would imagine the price is based on a couple factors...first being its importable into the US, and second being it's shiney! There seems to be a subset of buyers south of the border willing to pay silly amounts of money.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Shiney yes....but that engine isn't eligible for the states yet so it shouldn't make it in.

By the way....I have some grade 'A' swamp land if anyone want to throw away some good money ;)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: Trevor on September 17, 2016, 06:08 PMI would imagine the price is based on a couple factors...first being its importable into the US..

It is not importable to the US.  It can't have a replaced chassis and it must have the original type engine among other things.  You might sneak it by but it would be subject to seizure at any point in the future.

Matt H

The British LR mags have been full of these things the last couple of years. So much so I let subscription expire.
Most are destined for the Middle East or rich London stockbrokers/dentists. Not sure what the appeal is myself but if you are a 1%'er and you haven't overpaid for some jewelry or art lately then a gussied up Land Rover may just be the self gratifying waste of money that you are looking for? 

Not really the kind of thing you might find in a country pub car park. Got "Wanker" written all over it....or at least it will have by the time he comes out again lol.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

SpeedyJ

Using such an old VIN for such a modern build is always suspect in books, it certainly would lead one to believe that they're going after an American buyer.

Matt, I've been reading and enjoying 'Classic Land Rover' magazine lately, it avoids the these types of trucks. If anything it assumes that it's readers have fewer resources then most of us have, I've noticed that they're not afraid to break out a paint brush to refinish a truck. That said, it's kind of refreshing when compared to some of the over the top builds.

binch

Mine isn't nearly as pretty as that truck....so I'm willing to take a cut and will sell it for    75K cdn  hahahhahahahhahhahahhahahahh

And I'll throw in the old steel winch cable....all 150' of it  ;D
Cheers, Bill