Rubber tubing for bleeding brakes

Started by Gardenome, April 19, 2015, 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

Having trouble sourcing some. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor

I tried sourcing several different single person brake bleeder systems for my Disco II. Unfortunately none have the proper cap attachments for the brake fluid resevoir. Now, your rig might not have the same problems finding a proper attachment.

However, I ended up going super-simple...part #ULT 62074 from Napa...

http://www.flyertown.ca/flyers/napaautoparts-te?sf_any=true&flyer_run_id=8489&type=1&postal_code=t8h2l5&store_code=0241&hide=flyer,catalogue,farmcatalogue#!/flyers/napaautoparts-te?flyer_run_id=8489
a hose with a 1-way valve on the end. Just fill a small water bottle half full of brake fluid, attach one end of the hose to your bleed fitting on the caliper, and insert the end with the valve into the brakes fluid in the bottle. Then just start pumping until the air is out, making sure to to drain the brake fluid resevoir.

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Gardenome

Excellent! Thanks.

binch

I have the jar and rubber tube if you want to borrow it.....
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Thanks bill. I'll check the price at Napa. Looks very basic so I'm expecting it to be affordable. I like the one way valve. My helpers are my kids and communication is not their strong suit.

binch

hahahhah    I use the old school mason jar with a little brake fluid in the bottom.  "PUMP NA HOLD!"    "RELEASE!"     "PUMP THREE TIMES AND HOLD!"    "RATS,  Forgot to top up the reservoir!!!!"

;D
Cheers, Bill

Mark

Yup! A Powerade bottle 2/3 full of brake fluid with about 12" of windshield washer tubing works just fine for me!
1993 Range Rover County LWB - Ardennes Green
2006 LR3 HSE - Java Black
2008 LR2 HSE - Orkney Grey

1984 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 - Guards Red

Gardenome

Windshield washer tubing.... That may be the little detail I needed. Was having trouble finding tubing.

Gardenome

Thanks to all of you for the tips.

Red90

Any auto parts store should have the brake bleeding kit with the tube and bottle.

Matt H

Personally I like the mighty vac type vacuum tester set that includes a bleeder adaptor and bottle.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Alex C

Canadian tire also have clear tubing in the plumbing section 3/8 or 5/16 usually works.
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"