5 - Cooper ST Maxx - 305/70/r18 Tires

Started by locknload, January 11, 2018, 07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locknload

For Sale - 5 Used Cooper ST Maxx - 305/70/r18 Tires

Evenly worn, rotated often, no cupping, no damage, no punctures. Lots of tread remaining.

Mounted on Discovery 2 rims, Internally balanced. Decent condition for the age.

Will consider the same rims on trade.

Tires with rims - $1200.00
Tires only - $1000.00

Tysemmens

Will these fit on a stock 2004 Disco. No lift kit.

Trevor

That's a 35" tire, so no, it wouldn't fit on a stock D2. Wouldn't fit on one with a 2" lift either. I'm running a 3" Rovertym lift on mine, and the best I can do and still get the tire to stuff completely without rubbing is a 33".

You need a 4" Rovertym lift minimum (which is essentially a 5" lift, as they always sit 1" longer than the rating) to get 35" tires to fit, and that's still tight.

I wouldn't run something that big on stock D2 axles anyway, you'll turn them to dust in no time if you do any serious wheeling. I've seen/filmed it first hand....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC986tqwmoo
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Quote from: Trevor on January 31, 2018, 03:25 PM
.....You need a 4" Rovertym lift minimum (which is essentially a 5" lift, as they always sit 1" longer than the rating) to get 35" tires to fit, and that's still tight....

Don't forget new propshafts to cope with the angles.
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on January 31, 2018, 04:55 PM
Quote from: Trevor on January 31, 2018, 03:25 PM
.....You need a 4" Rovertym lift minimum (which is essentially a 5" lift, as they always sit 1" longer than the rating) to get 35" tires to fit, and that's still tight....

Don't forget new propshafts to cope with the angles.

Yessir, good point.

Going that big a tires there's a whole lot of stuff that needs changing. Diff gearing would as well as the stock ratios would be too high for those tires. With my 33" I run 4.11 gears, and if I went to 35" I'd probably switch to around 4.85
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

locknload

For reference: These are the tires for sale. D2 has a 1" body / 4" suspension lift plus arch trimming.

Trevor

Those look like the same flares I'm running :). That all makes sense now.
― George Orwell, 1984