Radios

Started by Gardenome, January 13, 2017, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

We have these AM/FM radios for clearance here at work.

Their warranty expired in 2008 and we can't promise the Sirius will work due to technology advances. They are brand new in the box and we're asking $25.

Let me know if you're interested.

780-289-0620 - Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

hahahha If only I could hear it over my 200tdi ahahahhahahaha ;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

You just need one of these amps Bill.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

I'll need to have Yoda driving behind me in the 101 to carry it!?!??!??!

I can just see my internal organs getting turned to jello by the shock wave :o
Cheers, Bill

Already a Rover

Hi.  Funny, I just picked-up speakers of a sort.  I was thinking of an older radio, as I don't need anything fancy at all, but brand-new and $25 is tempting.  I'm guessing it does not need an antenna?

Just to be sure it would fit, do you have the dimensions?

Thanks.

Gardenome

It will need an antenna if you way to listen to radio stations.

Standard DIN size.

79mm x 95mm x 58 mm not including power harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already a Rover

Hi, thanks I think I'll pass.  I'm hoping to find something a lot shorter - there is a 'standard' size?

I jumped the gun last night and mounted the speakers I found, see pic (free, more available).  Just a couple of screw holes no one will see if this don't work.   I will try them connected to my laptop and see what kind of sound I can get out of them while driving before I decide what to do next: 1) abandon, 2) go-back-to-Go, 3) get another speaker, 4) keep looking for a radio.

Red90

Quote from: Already a Rover on January 24, 2017, 10:14 AMHi, thanks I think I'll pass.  I'm hoping to find something a lot shorter - there is a 'standard' size?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_7736

The easiest route with a Series is to install a cubby that takes a radio.  Google will show you tons of examples.  If you want to look out of the box, there are quite a few marine radios around that have a very short interface/display with the main bits remote located.

In reality though, your are best using a headset with as it is way too noisy in a series to listen to a radio.  Helicopter grade headsets are the best...

B-Red

Tunes while driving are a must no matter how noisy the engine is.
I mount the portable speaker by my head rest or shoulders from the roll bar. It's blue tooth so it connects to my iPhone.

Trevor

Lots of amps and BIG speakers works too!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Already a Rover

Hi.  Thanks for the tip on marine radios.  I have a console where the middle seat was, so plan on putting the radio there. 

You may be right about the noise, we will see when I try using the computer for sound.  I had a set of noise-cancelling headphones and they got stolen.  I only used them on the hwy - not sure how safe that is for city driving (?).