Help need a timing pin 2.5D NA CAV Fuel pump 18G1458

Started by Alex C, July 07, 2015, 07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex C

hi i am busy building a couple of 2.5D NA engines, i need to buy, borrow or last resort make a 18G1458 timing pin for the fuel pump, i know o can drill a hole in the plug and use a 5/32 drill, but i would rather use the correct tool. If anyone has one in Edmonton that would be a bonus.

Thanks

Alex Colquhoun
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"

Alex C

Johno753

binch

I'm not sure but I thought one was owned by either Johno, Dave L or Norman maybe....
Cheers, Bill

Red90

You don't need to drill a hole.  You just insert the drill bit in backwards as the pin.  Simple and just as good at the real pin. I'm sure there are people in Edmonton with the kits though.  They are not that costly.

Alex C

the id of the plug hole is about 8mm on the side of the Lucas pump, the slot in the timing ring is just less than 4mm so yup i would need to drill a 4mm hole in a spare plug.

the tool is 70 Quid, any one with a lathe want to make some cash ? with all the 2.5D NA units coming out of Batus their should be a good market.

Red90

As Johno says above, Dave in Edmonton will have a kit.  For anyone in Calgary, I have one that club members can borrow.

70 quid would get you the complete kit to do the 2.5 and TDI engines.  Looks like they run $90 on eBay.

Johno753

I know Dave has one as I gave him my kit that I had lol