Exhaust Manifold Gasket and Studs

Started by Already a Rover, July 02, 2015, 06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Already a Rover

Hi - I'm ordering these parts out of the (correct) Land Rover parts catalogue, but the listings are a bit ambiguous to me.

Is the exh manifold gasket GEG639 or GEG640?
Which studs to I need?

I'm replacing the cracked exhaust manifold.

Jim

Red90

For a 2.25?  The part number is 274171.  Single gasket for intake and exhaust.  They are like $1 a pop.  Shipping is a pain, so buy lots...

http://www.paddockspares.com/274171-exhaust-manifold-gasket-4cyl-petrol.html

Red90

Studs...

From series 3 catalog,  564574 and 247144 if imperial (5/16 UNF) or TE108051L if metric (8 mm).

Explaination for later fastener part numbers...  http://www.ep90.com/index.php?id=28

Clear like mud?  Depends a lot on the age of the engine.  Series 3 are a mix of UNF and metric.  Earlier trucks get into Whitworth and you want to slit your throat.

Already a Rover

Hi and thanks.

Mine is a series 2a so I don't think that helps, sorry I didn't put that in there.

I went and visited Ivor today - wow, what a character!  Have you seen all his stuff???  I'll be back when I have the energy to deal with.... 

I did get an intake manifold, but not an exhaust.  So will email the first person you recommended again.

Lately I have pulled-out all of the spring packs and had 2 leaf-springs removed from each.  I'm nervous about it, but went ahead.  Before I put them and the axles back in I am laying-in some sound-dampening panels - mostly inside in the front and underneath in the back.  And I sealed-up all the cracks, seams etc... in anticipation of carpet.  I have also purchased heavy-duty industrial foam with a solid rubber protective top which I will cut into slabs and use for more sound-dampening (and protection) in the back.  This is the stuff you put in shops where employees have to stand on a cement floor all day.  Sheesh, it was expensive, but apparently does a much better job than solid rubber, which also smells from the day you buy it until the day you die - or the car does. 

Jim