Ruby Lake - August 11 to 13/14

Started by Trevor, July 06, 2017, 10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• Ruby Lake

Trevor

Checking for interest in a Ruby Lake fishing trip. Details are as follows:

Depart: Aug 11 @ 09:00 from Blackjacks in Nisku

Return: Either Aug 13 or 14. This will be determined by the group. Due to the longer travel time I like to leave Friday and return Monday, thus allowing 2 full days up there to fish. So the ideal schedule is leave Aug 11, return Aug 14, however this will depend on the group.

Activities: This is a fishing trip. You will want a boat of some sort for the lake. Small belly boats or the like are ideal. Ruby Falls is close by and if there is interest a group can run up to it as well.

Vehicle requirements: 4x4 in good condition, capable of creek crossings. Also a functioning winch is required as the hill up to the lake is getting chewed up. If the hill is wet it is very difficult for the lower powered diesels to make it up without having to winch. I was up there in June and was sinking up to my axles on the top/steep section.

Meals: If there is interest we will do a camp menu wherein everyone will be responsible for providing the group with one meal.

Weather: This trip is weather dependent. If its too wet we will cancel as the lake will get blown out with silt after too much rain.

Please post here if you are interested. I will also be sending an email out to the email list.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Cheers, Bill

B-Red

This is a big one on the list. A must do for me.
It's were all started. Never completed yet in my car.
Well. I have new engine. New transfer case. Diff locks. Around all around and a winch. Should be able to concour the hill.
Count me in. My game face is ON

binch

Just got back from Ruby Lake....GREAT weekend!!!!   Some really good folks there this trip and the fish lived in fear for their lives  8)

Sure glad we avoided the long weekend as we almost had the valley to ourselves..... Quite surprised how dry the river is and the water hole/mud holes one usually has to wade through.    New Detroit locker worked brilliantly....to bad the operator forgot he had a locking centre diff..dooooohhhh!

Having each vehicle take care of one meal each it was a great variety of food for all....no shortage of calories either!!!!    And fire side visits were just what a person needs to decompress.   

It was a  bit disconcerting to see so many dirt track into the campsite though.....seems folks just aren't caring as much as they should be and I'm worried the end result maybe one more area lost. :-\

But we did our part and brought out the garbage left by other uses who didn't really care.   

It's a land rover thing..... ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Yes indeed Bill, it was a very fun weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and thanks to all for coming along.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

Great pics Lloyd! Man, that's a nasty rock you guys took in the windshield. Bet that woke things up in the cab!
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Quote from: Trevor on September 06, 2017, 06:08 AM
Great pics Lloyd! Man, that's a nasty rock you guys took in the windshield. Bet that woke things up in the cab!

Definetly!!!!   We had glass spray all through the inside of the car....   If I had a BIG rock laucher I would have returned the favour!!!! >:(
Cheers, Bill