Is it real or is it memorex?

Started by binch, June 07, 2016, 09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

check out the Landwind x7.....does it look vaguely familiar.    Gee wonder where they came up with that idea.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/guangzhou-motor-show/land-rover-complain-about-chinese-copy-range-rover-evoque
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Yeah, the Chinese aren't even subtle about their theft.

We're good though, we'll keep buying their stuff (shirts, electonics, car parts, and, er, well, everything else) cause its cheap, and that seems to be the only qualifier these days.

A bit of a sidebar, I read an interesting article today. Obama has been ratcheting up the tarrifs on Chinese steel upwards of 250% on some types. The chinese subsidize their domestic market heavily, and dump globally. Those tarrif were introduced not long ago. What's new is that the Obama administration is looking at a complete ban now. I'm usually not a fan of the governments sticking their noses into anything other than policing, and defending the borders (most times, they make everything else they touch worse), but this is one instance where I wouldn't be upset to see them bitch slap Chairman Mao's kin.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Don't know what your talking about? Looks nothing like an exact copy of a Range Rover Evoque? You guys must be blind, can't you see the badge is totally different?

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

ROFL

You want irony.....how about the most popular cell phone sold in India is manufactured in China.

I wonder if the build quality in the landwind is much different.......Does China have their version of the "Midlands", where build quality is rated as 'OK'
Cheers, Bill