Just start by closing your eyes and slowly shaking your head...

Started by binch, April 08, 2016, 09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

I got this vid link from my brother inlaw and had to watch it.    The first four minutes goes to prove the saying:   "it's better to keep ones mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot than to open ones mouth and prove it's a fact..."

http://digg.com/video/1997-land-rover-defender

8)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

I thought it was really funny.  Watch his one on the aftermarket warranty for the Range Rover.

Trevor

Holy crap that was funny. I dunno, that guy is spot on imo. I almost spit my coffee all over the monitor when he got to "Reliability?"...and the host just started laughing, and laughing...then summarized it as "no, really, it's like a Happy Meal wrist watch." Lol, pure gold.

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Quote from: Red90 on April 08, 2016, 10:32 PM
I thought it was really funny.  Watch his one on the aftermarket warranty for the Range Rover.

I saw this....so, get the insurance he says ???
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Soooo, I'm guessing Land Rover is still hovering near the bottom of JD Power's Vehicle Dependability study then? :)

Edit: just checked, they're 4th from the bottom! Much improved ;->. The 'merican's/Canadian's have the bottom 2 slots covered with Dodge and Ford last and 2nd last respectively. Suprisingly, the GM lines are pretty good, all up near the top.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Red90

That is a good one for Matt to watch, seeing as he was asking about buying a new RR...   ;D

B-Red

One major important thing about British Cars and Landrovers: it makes you think and learn.
We don't fall asleep behind the wheel
We don't normally get speeding tickets
We are great in pulling stuck cars out
We are mechanic experts after two years of owning one
We are in touch with our cars souls
We are always connected and ready

Can't say that about the other manufactures...can you!

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on April 22, 2016, 06:20 PM
One major important thing about British Cars and Landrovers: it makes you think and learn.
We don't fall asleep behind the wheel
We don't normally get speeding tickets
We are great in pulling stuck cars out
We are mechanic experts after two years of owning one
We are in touch with our cars souls
We are always connected and ready

Can't say that about the other manufactures...can you!

Weelll, that's not terribly applicable to new LR's. It certainly is with older models (I'm not sure what you mean by "connected and ready" mind you).
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

Not the new ones for sure.
As for connected and ready...well, look around. Post about a trip or clinic and the engines are rumbling.

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on April 24, 2016, 05:38 PM
Not the new ones for sure.
As for connected and ready...well, look around. Post about a trip or clinic and the engines are rumbling.

ah, ok, I follow you now. Yup, very true
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

he's just feeding the advertising fuel there isn't he hahahahahahha
Cheers, Bill

binch

I wonder what he'd say about the Judge Dread land rover....ahahhahahhahahha
Cheers, Bill