Tire depressurization

Started by Gardenome, October 25, 2018, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

At the sgmt one of the prizes was some tire valve attachments that rapidly drop the pressure to a set level. What are they called? Where might I get some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

I know what you're talking about Ian but I can't think what they are called.   But if you plan to use them on your series 1 with tubed tires, be careful.    If you air down very much you'll end up with holes in your tubes.    But congratulations on the prize!   Did the series one make it out this year??????   I'd like to see some pics.....
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

It did. I'm anxiously waiting for Allen to upload his pics. Rumor has it he had around 500 by lunchtime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor

Tire deflators is what they're called Ian. Lots of different brands, here's a review from Four Wheeler magazine that's shows several options...

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/129-1212-the-great-tire-deflator-shootout/

I'm pretty sure Dan at 4 Wheel Auto Wholesale carriers several of these. He is likely who donated them as he tends to support our events with nice gifts.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

SpeedyJ

I bought these ones on Amazon.com last winter for $20USD - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011DF61YY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1, I picked them up at the border with a bunch of other stuff at the same time.

They work well, a little slow, but that's to be expected when you're not removing the valve core. That said, you can install them and start driving, they'll continue to deflate until they hit their target pressure.

-Jeff

Red90

My preference is the ARB style deflators.  Quick and easy and you can choose a suitable pressure for the conditions.  The ones you stick on the valve stems to go to a set pressure have a bunch of issues.