Looking at buying a Defender from Saskatoon

Started by PetroBoy, February 01, 2019, 08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetroBoy

Hi guys,

I saw this Defender in Edmonton and am seriously considering it, but need to be careful as I'm in Saskatoon. I am a bit incredulous that this specimen seems so cheap and yet no one seems to want it. Any thoughts? I want one, but can't afford a lemon right now, especially since it'd need a safety. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys recognize it, so if you can fill me in on what I can expect that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/land-rover-defender/1407301880?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

B-Red

This vehicle if I think is what it is is owned by a member in the club currently. Check the for sale section part of this forum you may see it there as well.

PetroBoy

I just looked and don't see anything, but thanks for the tip. Perhaps the owner will chime in here, but if anyone has more info on the car or advice for buying from out of province I thank you in advance! I am particularly curious to know if there could be any issues during the safety inspection resulting from the engine swap (VIN issues and the like).

binch

I know this truck well and it's a GOOD runner.   We did a run up north of grand cache summer before last with this one and it was doing just fine then, with no issues.   I also know where the truck came from and the previous two owners, who both looked after it will.   Unless something has changed relatively recently this will be a good truck!!!
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

The funny thing is I believe the current owner bought it from someone in Saskatchewan, who bought it from some in Alberta.

binch

Yes, it went from Edmonton to Saskatoon then back to Edmonton, where it is now.   This is Kerwin's truck, but originally built up by Colin.   Last I saw it was in good nick. ;)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

I see this ad is still up on Kijiji. Did it sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PetroBoy

UPDATE

Kerwin informed me yesterday that the car had indeed sold. He was able to sell it for $20,000, for those of you who may be wondering.

Thank you all for your time and advice, it was all very much appreciated! I'll be perusing the buy & sell section from time to time, so you may hear from me again.

Petroboy

P.S. Sorry Gardenome, I only saw your comment now.

Gardenome

No worries. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Does anyone know where the 110 ended up going????? ???
Cheers, Bill