Let the games begin...send out a christian!!!!

Started by binch, December 12, 2015, 12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Well I've put it off long enough and now it's time to pulle the dash out of the donor RRC, so I can continue prepping the Body for it's make over.     

Let's see how many bits I break in this process.....ahahhahahahha
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

No need to worry Bill. Classic Range Rover dash fixings and trim come pre-broken right from the factory.

Although one of Britain's greatest engineers, Charles Spenser King, designed the Range Rover it would seem that the interior was created by Humpty Dumpty!

All the Kings horses indeed.

Let me know if you need any bits? I've probably got a spare....or three.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

LOL......may have been one of Britain's great engineers but we have to remember....it was built in the "midlands" where everything is "that's okay!"   ;-)

Got most of the dash out today and so far the only problem I've found is some moron added a wire into a loom after feeding in around the opposite side of bracket from the rest of the loom!   I had to cut and resolder the damned thing so I didn't lose where it came from!   Mind you...I'm not sure I even needed to do that as I have the entire wiring loom that came with the 300tdi disco engine I have.    I figure it might work out just as well as the original and I would be missing less stuff.   At least that's the general idea of it all  ahahhahahahhahah
Cheers, Bill

Already a Rover

I have several  instrument clusters too - parts of them may work. 

As far as "sending out the Christians" goes, you might try tying something heavy to the end of that wiring loom and use it as a weapon.

Jim