Who the heck had those rims?

Started by Already a Rover, June 27, 2015, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Already a Rover

Hello.  I know there was someone who posted on a thread I had going he had some aluminum rims which are shimmed for a Series 2.  I even replied, but somehow I cannot find any of this now! 

Hey!  Out in Saskatchewan!  I lost you!  Reply pls if you are serious about taking off those rims.  I can get you another set of 16's with good tires on them for a pretty-good price (not mine, but they are here).

Jim

Rambler

Hi Jim, it's me and the Discovery alloys are on my series 3.  I also own a series 2 that has the standard 15" series wheels sold in Canada/US so I might be interested in the 16"s you mention.  Where are you located? 
It looks like I will be selling the 3 this summer so as to concentrate on my rebuild of the 1961 land rover.  If you or another ALRE member know of anyone looking for a 74' SWB hard top (on the road and currently plated) please let me know. 
Thanks, Ian

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Already a Rover

Hi and thanks.

I'm impressed!  If anyone asks me to sell mine...  I'll buy your's!  No, I wouldn't do that; will send them your way.

You are correct, those rims do look pretty out of place, but I am still interested - if they will fit mine. 

I live in Calgary, the rims are here.  Black and look to be in good shape.  He only wants $400 for the lot, including tires, which look pretty good too (I looked them up and they are made for Rovers). 

Let me know what you want to do within the next couple of weeks or so?  I will PM you my phone number.

Jim

Rambler

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas