Highlift/jackall ground anchor

Started by binch, September 03, 2015, 08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

A little bird has told me that Britpart is now selling a ground anchor assembly that utilizes the jackall's or Highlift jack as the main brace.     Smart way to cut down on gear!   It's being brought out this month apparently......

Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Did a bit of digging as I knew I had seen this idea floated around before...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/63592-Winch-anchor-and-High-lift-style-jack-in-one

I'm guessing it's going to look something like what this guy came up with. Makes sense to combine the two though as one of biggest drawbacks of the pull palls is the space they take up.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

I am skeptical.  The one shown in that thread has major design flaws.  But regardless a high lift shaft is not designed to the load a winch can deliver.  Be interesting to see the real one

Red90

Picture from the new catalog.  Looks decent enough and worth trying.  Price is alright depending on shipping...

binch

Well, heavier items are shipping at about 3 quid per KG and I think this would fall into that category.    But since they don't list the weights yet we'll have to wait and find out what the poop is.    I have my minions looking into it now 8)
Cheers, Bill