what grinds my gears..

Started by ugly_90, August 20, 2015, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

... aside from missing the clutch.

Maybe its a northern Alberta thing. So far I've seen many 'Zombie Outbreak Response' stickered Jeeps, usually Rubicons. Have seen some Seven Slot Batallion label that isn't anything military. Seen a few olive green YJ's, complete with the 1940's White US Army Star. I'm not quite sure, but this might not be a period-correct restoration. Saw one Jurrasic Park themed Jeep, and I'll give him credit, it was done well, and even accurate to the movie.

Not until I pass into BC do I see many backyard modified old trucks, import vehicles that took more effort than just a invoice at the dealer's body shop.

That's my gripe. It all seems very Milli-Vanilli to me. The trail-rated sticker from the factory doesn't give me much confidence either. Even the new Fiat Panda Jeep is made out to be tough.  Which it isn't.

I think most of the fleet can safely tackle puddles, as I've seen the commercials. Many of the drivers are courteous on the road, not like the dbags driving the modified larger pickups...

camo388

Adam, it's time you got a Defender on the road to show the Jeeps what an off road vehicle should look like and how it can tackle more than the odd puddle. ;D ;D

Already a Rover

Hahahahah, very funny and tooo true, methinks. 

Jim

Matt H

It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.......apparently.  :-\
No Road Except For Land-Rover.