spotted in Regina

Started by Pioneer, July 29, 2015, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

This was spotted in Sask

Matt H

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

camo388

Will they sell it??  I'm due for an escape from retirement.

Rambler

Sweet, I will keep my eyes peeled around town to see if it's local.  Thanks for posting!

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Already a Rover

Wow.  That takes the cake!  He better have some hp under there!!  Any idea what it is used for (what was that sticker on the side, etc...)?

KIDD67

NICE. Where can we "club" guys get a set of those tres kewl sand/mud tire shoes plates.. lol I don't even know what they are called?

Matt H

Sand Ladders. The Army auctions lets them go now and again or you can buy much stronger civvy versions but you really need more than just two and they make better tables than traction aids in most situations.

B-Red

I found the scaffolding tracks at the metal shop. They sell them in full length sections. One section can be cut in three pieces easily to make the sand ladders. Cheaper than buying them new. There are some made out of Aluminum..lighter weight.
In reality, a winch will always solve the problem much faster and safer I think with less cargo to carry.

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on September 01, 2015, 01:31 PM

In reality, a winch will always solve the problem much faster and safer I think with less cargo to carry.

The ladders are handy when you need to bridge or step something. They can be fashioned into a ramp for dropping down washouts along streams (done that several times), or if you have the right type (or enough of the metal ones to stack),they can bridge easily enough. I've used mine several times for steps, but not much for anything else.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

I've used my waffle boards for creating a ramp and they do work but it's hard to get them to say put when driving over them and I've used them in mud but they get SUPER heavy.