SGMT - 2023

Started by Gardenome, September 08, 2023, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

• SGMT

Gardenome

As I missed second place by a hair, I'm in charge of this year's Sean Green Memorial Trials competition. With Dave Lovelock's help (of course! He just can't help himself) we've been speaking to Lee and he's willing to have us stop by again this year.
Trials date is Sept 30, 2023. (sorry to those that can't make it, it's what Lee requested).
Dave plans on heading out next Sunday (Sept 17, 2023?) to scout the place and make plans.
We'll follow up with times, directions and such as we get closer but wanted to give you time to mark off your calendars.
See you there!
Ian

ps. I couldn't figure out how to add anything to the forum calendar

Chris

I'm currently working, but ill try to shift trade it.
This is at the old safari park?

bumpydormobile

Hi Ian
I will be coming to the event, I cant make the course planning this year as we are away.
Chris, yes it is the old Safari park.

Gardenome

We need to get an idea of numbers so if you could please send me a message if you plan to attend and if you're bringing guests. We want to make sure we have enough food to keep people happy.

Gardenome

Current list:
Dave
Dave
Chris
Ian
Sam
Malcolm

Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

I'll be at the trails and I'll likely have a passenger in tow.   Sorry...can't make the prep weekend though. :-[
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

I don't have many emails at all.

lovejugs

the days fast approaching hope to see many of you there. I have sent out an email and will try to follow up directly with those I can. If you haven't received an email or message and you want to attend please PM me so we have numbers for food etc. looking forward to seeing many of you there
Dave L

Gardenome

In previous years the event started at 10AM with some meeting for breakfast at 8AM. I haven't had any luck making it to the breakfast so I'll let someone else organize that.

We will start this year at 10AM.

(53.4535109, -112.8621439) are the coordinates. Hopefully they can be used by multiple mapping apps.

binch

Well.....based on the last numbers it looks like we are going to have  good day a the trails ;D

We had a solid drizzle all day friday so the trails course(s) will be a bit grease and that much more entertaining.   Forecast for saturday is "no rain" so that's a bonus.   And with the fall colours in full bloom should be a beautiful day out at Lee's.    He's cleaned out the fire pit at the cabin and Bert's supplying a box lunch from Acapella catering, which always makes wonderful meals.    Yup....going to be a beautiful day in the neighborhood.    With luck there will be a drown out there to capture some of our digressions  ::)

If you want to know more about the Sean Green Memorial Trials here's a video That Jeffrey Smallhorn put together for us, showing two different trials at two different locations.   Grab a cuppa and enjoy the piles of fun for drivers and spectators alike......

cheers
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Here's a link to the raw drone footage from the event. Thank you to Andrew Hermann for bringing out his drones.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0zc_0bqNjgHKP4KBDK0sxobrmd6j1UD6

Hint: Watch at 2x speed. Trials move pretty slow. :)

binch

Yup, definitely slow to watch ahahhahahhah   But it's a lot of fun to drive....from the back seat  ;D

Thanks very much for the footage Andrew!!!!!!!
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

binch

Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Not to be impatient but I check here everyday for more photos. How are they coming along.