Radio Communications on trails

Started by B-Red, February 11, 2017, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

Emad,

The LADD channels are primarily for commercial use, and you would require to pay a licence fee to Industry Canada per radio per year. Unless you want to personally take on buying a dozen radios and accessories, maintaining them, holding the 12 licence year round, and distributing them each club event, the entire project makes little sense.

There seems to be little interest in adopting anything past CB communications for club use.

The rental units may be available per event, as could equipment I already have in my inventory. In some ways, this is a solution looking for a problem.

Matt H

Quote from: B-Red on February 12, 2017, 10:03 PM
Quote from: Matt H on February 12, 2017, 05:29 PM
Even with the best communications a rescue could be many hours, or even days, away. Never a good idea to rely on technology to get you out of a jam. Simple ETA's, instructions, route info and notifications left with those living in civilization can also be really effective.

Actually Matt, I was more interested in Pizza Delivery for my late night snack. Reliable communication will get me that Pizza even if they have to use Amazon drones.  ::)

Haha. Well in that case...
No Road Except For Land-Rover.